*Must be a declared Psychology major
*Must have completed a minimum of 9 credits in Psychology courses at the 200-level or above taken at Hunter College, and
*Must have a minimum overall GPA of 3.0 and a minimum GPA of 3.5 in all Psychology courses taken here at Hunter College.
We induct new members every semester. For Fall, the application usually opens around October and induction in December. For Spring, the application usually opens around March and induction in May.
All Psi Chi membership applications are now completed only online using the below website. Please note that there are two parts to the process. One application is done directly on the Psi Chi website AND you also have to fill out the Hunter College Psi Chi application when it is available.
1. Complete the online application that you can find at the PSI CHI website. www.psichi.org
- Read the qualifications for application and select “APPLY NOW”.
***Note that the qualifications listed on the website’s application page are the *minimum* requirements set by the Psi Chi Central Office–In fact, the Hunter College chapter, like many others, uses stricter criteria than those listed on the application page. It is the Hunter criteria stated above that are used to evaluate applications. In addition, if accepted, you will be asked to pay $55.00 to process your induction.
- Choose “Hunter College of the City University of NY” from the Local Chapter drop-down menu and fill out the application, including your full name, address, and your CUNYFirst (or other CUNY-provided) ID number.
- In addition *all* fields of the application form with a red asterisk must be filled in or the application will not be accepted. Those fields without an asterisk are optional and may be left blank if you choose, though they help Psi Chi know more about their members for development of future programs and funding opportunities.
- VERY IMPORTANT: Your name as you type it on this application is exactly the name as it will appear on your Psi Chi certificate if you are accepted to the organization. You must use upper- and lower-case letters in your name (not all Caps) and you may include a middle name or initial if you wish.
- Your CUNYFirst-assigned student ID number must be included on the application in order for the faculty advisor to review your academic transcript.
- At the bottom of the application webpage page, check the box authorizing the Hunter College faculty advisor to review your Hunter College transcript to determine Psi Chi eligibility. All academic records are protected and will always remain confidential.
- Add your Name/Signature at the bottom of the application and select SUBMIT. Note that once you submit your application, it cannot be later modified so please review it, especially for spelling, before hitting “Submit”.
2. You MUST attach your unofficial transcript and complete the form below.
Link will be posted when the application opens.
For further information, contact Prof. Dawn Dugan, Faculty Advisor to Psi Chi by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org